- When Animals Attack: The Book of the Films
- Metamorphosis Undergoes a Metamorphosis
- An Unexpected Chat with Alex Caine
- Yi zhong: Monsters … the Fear of Rats and Elevators
- Music To Die By: Indie Schlock Soundtracks (Part 1)
- Who Says the Space Monsters Must Die?
- It’s Never Gonna Be Safe To Go Back In The Water…
- Rise of the Vorehemoth and the Reign of the Vore King
- Space Monster Numagirasu is Coming
- Mega Shark’s Attack on Titan
- Exploitation films
- Fraudulent information
- Giant Bugs
- Giant Monsters
- Giant Squids
- Graphic novels
- Independent film
- It's True! Really!
- Kaiju Search-Robot Avery
- Lake Monsters
- Monsters in general
- Pictorial art
- Science Fiction
- Todd Tennant
- Weekend Fright Flick
- Weird stuff
- Where's the Film?
Category Archives: Idle Thoughts
Talk about the Monster as metaphor! And wish-fulfilment… Beautifully expressive picture — and very funny, too. Source: via Peter Orullian. By Bobby Chiu.
So by now everyone and their dog knows that Guillermo del Toro’s pet project, a big-budget version of H.P. Lovecraft’s At the Mountains of Madness, isn’t going to fly. Universal has gone all whimpy in regards to it, dumping it … Continue reading
Thanks to an online anagram program, I’m thinking I should adopt this anagram of my name: Robot Horde. Perfect! If I put in my full name a lot of stuff turns up, but I rather like Extra Bold Wormhole…. (Let’s … Continue reading
This entry comes as a fill-in while I’m working on a number of interview articles for Undead Backbrain. It is potentially controversial — at least for those who find being controversial in regards to giant monster films a reasonable way … Continue reading
This isn’t a review. That will come later. These are just some initial thoughts on Cloverfield, producer J.J. Abrams’ (of “Lost” fame) and director Matt Reeves’ excellent giant monster film. In literally the first moments, while the production company logos … Continue reading