So what do we know about Biomass?
- It’s an independent film made in New Mexico, written and directed by Anthony Riazzi, who is best known in the film industry as digital and visual effects supervisor for X-Men: The Last Stand and Resident Evil: Extinction, and technical director for The Matrix Revolutions.
- Biomass is a creature-based SF-horror feature film centered around a highly secretive government research facility that suffers a containment breach when a genetically engineered new lifeform escapes into the outside world, bringing with it a catastrophic bio-disaster.
- The titular creature is a largish monster (see below for a conceptual image of the creature).
- The film also features zombies, presumably the result some sort of contagion carried by the monster.
- The New Mexican cast includes Juliet Lopez, Brenden Wedner, Matt Page and Alejandro Montoya Marin. Additional cast includes Steve Cormier, Katalina Parrish, Zach Dulin, Matt Berlin and Nomar Rizo.
- It is co-produced by Riazzi and former Disney executive, Alicia J. Keyes, who will be producing under her banner, AJK Films.
- It is currently in post-production.
Here is a conceptual image of the creature (hard to see, I know, but it is certainly suggestive):
Zombies? Check out this pre-release poster:
More on this to come very shortly.
Source: Official website; Press Release; Santa Fe Travel site; Facebook page. Research: Avery Guerra. Written by Robert Hood.
Pingback: First Details: Biomass | Undead Backbrain » greennewstweets.com